24 March 2020

7. Coronavirus Down Time

 Well, as all of you know by now, most of us have been semi-quarantined to our homes because of the virus. As a result, my insulation installation project has ground to a halt until I can get the replacement windows ordered and installed. So in the interim, I have been working on some structures that will be going on the layout. The first one, a Faller kit, is a cement mixing plant. Here are a couple of photos of the construction and final weathered plant. The photo on the right does not show the weathering as clear as shown in the center photo. I used a white wash on this structure since it will be sitting amongst the gravel, sand and cement, which I figure will create a lot of white dust. I haven't named this industry as yet. Like the previous layout in Utah, names of industries, buildings, rivers, etc., will be named after family members. I want to try my hand at making my own decals before I put any signs up. Now that I think about it, I should have waited till the sign was put on the silo to do the weathering. The next structure will be the roundhouse, which I am building from scratch. See you on the next post.




No comments:

Post a Comment