20 October 2020

11. Milestone 2 - Basement remodel complete

Yeah, again! The water leak repairs are complete and the front wall of the basement has been stabilized. I guess I wouldn't call this a remodel because nothing was done prior - just bare, cold concrete walls. So I installed 2" sheet insulation, dry wall, vinyl framed windows, window treatments, LED lighting overhead, vinyl cove base and plenty of electrical outlets. I painted the walls a very light gray and the floor a medium gray. So here's the before and after views . . .


           

As you can see in the bottom photos, I have lumber for the construction of the benchwork. The first phase of construction will be helix #1 in the alcove at the far left corner and helix #2 in the far right corner, around (actually above) the well tank. Zero elevation will be at 50" above the floor with the two staging areas at a -18" underneath, or 32" above the floor.

So, l'll get started today and keep you posted on my progress. Until then . . . keep your hand on the throttle and your eyes on the rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment